3Chooks Lampshade Paper (Panels)
If you would prefer not to fuss around with trying to cut your own lampshade paper templates, choose from our range of cut to size lampshade paper panels. All panels are 23cm in height which will be the height of your finished lampshade.
Produce professional custom lamp shades using this fantastic product. Choose from our cut-to-size lampshade paper panels.
If you're looking for larger pieces of lampshade paper head over our by-the-metre product.
This lampshade paper is engineered for lampshade making, Anti Static, UV Stable, and Flame Retardant. It has passed the Glow Wire Test carried out by the Lighting Association. It is a very safe product.
It is so easy to use! Just remove the release paper (which has a grid for easy cutting) and laminate your fabric to the self adhesive side. Check out the photos to see just how easy it is.
Follow the 3Chooks Lampshade Making Instructions to make professional rolled edge lampshades at home.
Our lampshade paper is
- Engineered for lampshade making
- Anti-static - its dust resistant which means less cleaning...hip hip hooray!
- UV stable - won't discolour or yellow over time
- Flame retardant - has passed the Glow Wire Test by the Lighting Association
- Safe to use - no need for spray adhesives with nasty fumes, plus its flame retardant
- Dent resistant - if you accidentally bump it, its not going to dent, keeping your lampshade in good shape for longer
- Easy to clean - just wipe with a damp cloth, or to remove sticky adhesive wipe with a tiny drop of eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil and it comes straight off with no residue left behind.
- Easy to use - peel back the release paper and laminate to any fabric
- Long Lasting - being UV stable, dent resistant and easy to clean this product will give you the joy of lamp light for many years to come
- If you make a mistake, you have another chance - if you accidentally laminate your fabric crooked, don't worry, you have another chance - carefully peel it off and stick it back on your fabric one more time.
Use this lampshade paper to ... you guessed it .... make lampshades! Create drum and cylinder shaped lampshades. Recreate vintage looks or modernise antiques.
No longer are you constrained by what is available at the shops - create whatever your heart desires.
Follow these easy steps for a great result, every time.
Lay your beautifully ironed fabric right side down on clean flat surface. Lay your lampshade paper (cut to size) on top of your fabric, ensuring you have at least 1.5cm excess fabric along the long edges.
Make sure your fabric is right side down on the table and your lampshade paper has the release paper facing the wrong side of the fabric.
Carefully peel back the corner of release paper away from the lampshade paper. Peel back and tuck under the lampshade paper.
Keeping your fabric and lampshade paper lined up (ensuring you maintain your 1.5cm excess fabric edges), press the lampshade paper down onto the fabric, smooth it down.
Continue peeling and pressing your lampshade paper onto your fabric, a little at a time, smooth it as you go.
Continue peeling and pressing all the way to the end. Smooth the whole piece with your hands, flip your fabric and lampshade paper over, check for bubbles or creases and smooth out with your hands some more.